Monday

The Café de la Promenade

Hello Readers!

Thanks for sticking by me while we spend our days in a little one bedroom flat* while renovating.

I'm so glad I took time out this year .. it's very frantic working for yourself, and often not much fun.
As well as trying to keep a family on track, and people fed and clean, I not only photograph, but there is a whole lot
of other things going on.  I have to be the 'fun girl' that turns up and takes the photos, but then I also have to be the
marketing girl, the internet guru girl ( have you seen my website?  Unfinished and awful for 4yrs, I finally took it down
and replaced it with a 'coming soon' placebo.  I've been hoping to find some time to fix it this year while áway from work' ..
fingers crossed.
), and that mean girl from accounts who has to hassle people up for the money.  Hate that. 

So it's the last year before my littlest guy starts big school and we're renovating. 
At first we packed my work materials ( the packing stuff, the lenses, the backdrops, the flash gear, etc )
in smart, easy to get to places - just in case! -  .. but then the builder said we had to clear out the room
that was previously going to remain untouched, and everything was stacked elsewhere in a big jumbled rush.

Hunting around for an 8x12"matt could most certainly result in death by accident.

So i'm glad to be taking time out.  It does mean a loss of income at a time we most need it, and I think it took
my husband a little bit of time to get over that, but I was seriously overwhelmed and very unhappy. 
My work/life balance was non-existant, and my stress levels were out of this world.

The International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers illustrate it pretty perfectly here I think:

rockstars


Anyhoo, all that aside, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and when I return i'll be extra fresh
and recharged and be working from a great new space.  Super organised.


- - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --  --


Anyway, all that dreary has nothing to do with the title of this post.
I came in here as I wanted to share some photographs of a little café we visited in France last year.
In a way i've taken some inspiration of this fabulous space and brought it home to my renovation,
although my renovation is a new fit-out with clean lines and modern materials. 

I retained a tiny bit of grunge, much to the builder's confusion. 
But it really is more like me to be rustic over being perfect. 
I'll share in here when it's all done... at the moment we're at plastering stage.

So, without further ado, the Café de la Prominade, as seen as a book I made for my husband this Christmas past ..
I hope you enjoy it:


prom1


prom2


prom3


prom4


prom5


prom6


prom7


prom8


prom9


prom9a


prom9b


prom9c


* it's actually a 2bd apartment, but we decided to all bunk in one room for sleeping, and use the other for my computer, the kid's X-box and toys and books ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when folks get together and share thoughts. Great website, stick with it!


My weblog :: games for girls 1